[Panel-devel] QPixmapCache too small on large screens

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Mon Oct 1 14:26:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm using plasma on a 2560x1600 screen and am finding plasma incredibly slow
(2-3 seconds per update sometimes) and getting the following message:

plasma(15048) Plasma::Svg::Private::findInCache: pixmap cache is too small for
inserting "/opt/kde4/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/wallpaper.svg_1600_2560"
of size QSize(2560,1600)

Adding a hack calling QPixmapCache::setCacheLimit to 40mb fixed the problem
(although probably 13mb would have been ok).  Perhaps the screen size should
be taken into account when determining the size of the cache.

Cheers,
Hamish

PS. please CC me if you need further information as I'm not subscribed.