[Panel-devel] Taskbar icon geometry (Re: Plasma and the window manager)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Nov 26 17:44:49 CET 2007

On Monday 26 of November 2007, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On Monday 26 November 2007 20:09:31 Alex Merry wrote:
> > This is working for me (I don't have composite enabled, and currently
> > have four icons).
> >
> > Can we get it committed, so we have a working system tray?
>
> I have a new patch, but I'm happy for either to be committed. ;)
>
> This patch just fixes a couple of layouting issues. Specifically, it
> removes padding from around the outside of the widget and fixes an
> off-by-one issue in size conversions from/to the GraphicsScene. Other than,
> just some slight refactoring and extra comments. With the patch I sent on
> the "panel contentSize" thread, things are layed out perfectly.
>
> Until the panel orientation and changes to it can be known, I'm done. :)

 Great. Now that you've mastered the art of transforming positions to global
ones, would you have time to also look at taskbar and its announcing of the
position of taskbar entries ;) ?

 In KDE3, if you run 'xprop | grep ICON_GEOMETRY' and click on any window, it
will print geometry of its taskbar entry. This is not supported yet by the
KDE4 taskbar and therefore e.g. the minimize animation is not right. The
actual call to provide this information is Task::publishIconGeometry(), it's
just not called anywhere right now.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz