[Panel-devel] Xinerama problems on Intel cards

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Nov 25 05:16:18 CET 2007

On Saturday 24 November 2007, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On Sunday 25 November 2007 08:12:11 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 November 2007, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > > The attached patch does essentially the same in
> > > Corona::loadDefaultSetup(). This handles the desktop part, but kwin
> > > would also need to be updated to handle maximizing correctly.
> >
> > if this indeed is a real problem, we'll also need it in
> > Containment::setScreen where the geometry is set for desktop containments
> > after they've set up. which would implyu that it would make sense to have
> > a "QList<QRect> Plasma::screenGeometries()" method in plasma.cpp. i don't
> > think it needs a hash, a list should do, no?
>
> The key of the hash is holding which screen the geometry represents. I'm
> not really familiar with xinerama or multiple displays so I'm not sure how
> important that information is...

woah; so the screens aren't even guaranteed to go up in order (e.g. 0, 1, 2,
3?) that's truly messed up, and if so i wonder whose brilliant idea that was
=/

in any case, yeah, commit the patch though we need the screen geometry code in
plasma.cpp as a convenience method as we'll also need it for
Containment::setScreen()