[Panel-devel] Xinerama problems on Intel cards

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Nov 25 00:12:11 CET 2007

On Saturday 24 November 2007, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> The attached patch does essentially the same in Corona::loadDefaultSetup().
> This handles the desktop part, but kwin would also need to be updated to
> handle maximizing correctly.

if this indeed is a real problem, we'll also need it in Containment::setScreen
where the geometry is set for desktop containments after they've set up.
which would implyu that it would make sense to have a "QList<QRect>
Plasma::screenGeometries()" method in plasma.cpp. i don't think it needs a
hash, a list should do, no?

curiosity: did the fellow actually report this problem with plasma, or just
ask if plasma had the same problem?

and yeah, this is one of the most stupid things i've seen from x.org in a
while =/