[Panel-devel] a few new rules for applets

Percy Leonhardt mailings at eris23.de
Sat Nov 24 20:51:38 CET 2007

On Saturday 24 November 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> - never re-implement contentSizeHint unless there is a really, really good
> reason to do so. because unless the applet is extra careful, it will break
> free-resizing. instead, set a default size in the constructor or in init()
> and the adjust contents to the size of the applet.

As I already mentioned the network applet is resizing itself when the user
changes the detail level with the mouse wheel. Is there a chance to keep this
functionality together with free-resizing? Anything I can do to make both
features work together?

I thought the free-resizing (by using the handle) is more like rotating and
zooming so that a certain zoom-level gets stored for the applet. This
zoom-level (or scale-factor) could be something that I can apply to the size
of the panel when resizing it myself...

	Percy