[Panel-devel] kalming kickoff

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 12 20:03:20 CET 2007

On Monday 12 November 2007, Robert Knight wrote:
> > i'm very, very, very unimpressed. i am going to ask you once more and if
> > that doesnt' work then i'll just tell you to stop working on plasma
> > related code:
>
> At the moment I still view myself as the maintainer of the Kickoff
> code, and therefore the person who can ultimately say yes or no to any
> changes.  If you are unhappy with this, and wish to take on this
> responsibility yourself then you may do so.  The disadvantage is that
> I will desist from contributing improvements to it (either via direct
> commits or for review on the mailing list).

if you can't work with others in this project in a worthwhile way, then i'm
fine with this. it would be unfortunate, but i'd rather not have hours of my
time wasted and the frustration of dealing with an impetulant individual.
this event is just a repeat of layouts, of panels .... there's a pattern here
and i'm not happy with it.

i think we can certainly work it out. in fact i've been *trying* to do that by
being patient and following up on your requests with corresponding action.

i'm not getting the same treatment in response. you may even notice that until
this point i haven't pulled the "i'm the maintainer of plasma" card on you.
i'm dissapointed i had to do that, even, since that should be implicit and
something you can respect.

if you want to pack up and go away, that's your decision. there are a number
of critical issues in konsole that are open that could use attention anyways,
i just want to get on with getting plasma into a releasable condition.

btw, if anyone on this list disagrees with my assessments here, please speak
up. it's completely possible i'm missing some part of the context here.