[Panel-devel] New panel background

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 9 18:31:46 CET 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007, Robert Knight wrote:
> Attached is a very simple option which just replaces the funny
> gradient background with plain black.  It is not very creative but I

we probably don't need to replace one temporary solution with another. what's
needed is for the panel containment to do proper background painting as per
the FIXME in plasma/containments/panel.cpp =)

it should probably work a lot like the background painting in applets, with
border, corner and content pieces that get painted. we won't get away with
just one svg that gets stretched out.

the good news is that one can probably just copy
Applet::Private::paintBackground directly into PanelContainment and then edit
it so that it doesn't paint the edges that are flush with the screen edge.

then one could simply copy widgets/background.svg to
widgets/panel-background.svg and be done.

/me heads off to hack.