[Panel-devel] New panel background

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:16:40 CET 2007

Hello,

The current panel background is cheap programmer art which I threw
together on my first journey into inkscape during the summer.  Given
that we are approaching mid-November, I really would like to see it
replaced with something better.

The background is the SVG file is here in SVN:
kdebase/workspace/plasma/desktoptheme/widgets/panel-background.svg

Attached is a very simple option which just replaces the funny
gradient background with plain black.  It is not very creative but I
think it fits in better given the black backgrounds used for plasma
widgets.  I am sure there are more artistically inclined people
reading this who could produce something much better.

Regards,
Robert.