[Panel-devel] Applet and the context menu

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:51:59 CET 2007

ATM, there are two kinds of applets:
- those that have context menu available only when you RMB click on the
borders (if they have borders at all)
- and those that show the context menu wherever you click.

The difference between implementations of the two groups is that the first
group use child items (colour picker, kickoff, hardware monitor...), and the
second has no children and the painting is done on the Plasma::Applet itself.

I can't figure out the way to make the context menu available everywhere in a
first group applet. It has no difference whatsoever if the item has no
mousePressEvent() implemented, or has it implemented with or without
event->ignore().

Isn't Qt supposed to propagate the event to the item below, in this case the
parent item - the Applet itself?

Do you have any solution to this?

Cheers!

p.s. This came to my attention because of
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Bugsquad/KrushDays
"Lancelot, Colorpicker and Kickoff plasmoid don't have context menu, so they
can't be removed. (TunaTom)"

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard