[Panel-devel] Plasma::Widget subclassing and QGVItem's

Andreas Aardal Hanssen ahanssen at trolltech.com
Fri May 25 07:23:41 CEST 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 04:02, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 24 May 2007, Matias Valdenegro T. wrote:
> > El Jue 24 May 2007, Aaron J. Seigo escribió:
> > > right; DataVisualization is going to go away though. it's nice because
> > > it documents the required slot's signature and even causes a compile
> > > time check on the signature (due to it being pure virtual) .... but it
> > > really has little purpose beyond that and so isn't worth the API imho.
> > And then how are we going to connect the DataEngines to the Widgets that
> > show the data?
> the just need a slot with the correct signature, same as before.

Btw, as for signal-slot connections to and from graphics items, this is also
something we are researching. Although I don't know how far we'll go, my
dream is to have a new macro similar to Q_OBJECT that allows graphics widgets
to be moc'ed, and then modify moc to generate light-weight super-fast s-s
connections between items, and also from items to QObjects.

It's a dream, but I _think_ it's doable.

PS: fixed up my kmail identities to no longer add reply-to to
kde-core-devel :-(

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen / bibr