[Panel-devel] things to do

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat May 19 18:52:58 CEST 2007

On Saturday 19 May 2007, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Nice and exciting times are coming. I say so because of the plasma
> project is starting to be a really active one.
>
> I'm going to start helping out you guys, as I said some time ago. I
> like the part of
>
> Widgets (lib/widgets/)
> * radio button needed
> * icon button needed (i've got something for this coming)
> * list widget?
>
> Since you said you have something for the icon button, I will give a
> try to the radio button for now (exams are coming and don't have
> time...).
>
> I am really wondering how can we really achieve the painting widgets
> really good, and I mean:
>
> * Line edits (rich-text ? whoah !)
> * Combo Boxes
> * ...
>
> I have been taking a look to lineedit and I have seen is not possible
> to select text inside (the rubberband of the QGV appears instead).

hmm... the call to setTextInteractionFlags(Qt::TextEditorInteraction); in the
ctor is supposed make that happen... hmm.. i wonder if clearing the State_*
flags in the paint(...) method before calling QGraphicsTextItem is what is
getting in the way. it would be sort of surprising if the editing interaction
was handled in the paint method .....