[Panel-devel] KDE/kdebase/workspace/libs/plasma

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jul 30 09:36:46 CEST 2007

On Sunday 29 July 2007 06:11:58 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 28 July 2007, Thomas Georgiou wrote:
> > SVN commit 693787 by tgeorgiou:
> >
> > Add dynamic shadows to standard background.
> > Color the shadows instead of a roundrect when zoomed out.
> > Actually paint the applet when zoomed out.
>
> there was a reason that code #if 0'd out. i believe i mentioned on irc that
> the plan is to do this in a separate QGraphicsItem that can provide the
> shadow/blur/etc.

Doesn't the same hold true for the standard background?

Some explanation: I've enabled the standard background for smaller (Horizontal
and Vertical) FormFactors. After changing formfactor, I'm experiencing
repainting issues. When changing from Planar to Horizontal, the background
first is only painted in the area contentRect area, and fully painted on
hover. After deleting, again only the new contentRect is being painted,
leaving artifacts. Try the battery applet to see what I'm talking about.

I've hacked around a bit in applet.cpp, trying to resolve that, but it looks
like the code is not becoming more beautiful ...

Conceptually, the background might better be implemented as a separate
QGraphicsItem below the actual applet, right?
--
sebas