[Panel-devel] KCategorizedItemsView for Plasma Applet Browser in SVN

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 00:15:01 CEST 2007

> with the two lists seperated, it means having to keep in mind both the
The separation is your fault (and your fault only) :) This is the
implementation I /thought/ *you* asked for. My idea at the beginning (when
you wrote that we wouldn't need the tabs shown in the Kamion screenshot) was
to put it all in the list on the left. But you wanted the drop-down :)

> so... how to fix the drop down not being visible enough. perhaps making it
> bigger; or having an icon next to it so that it stands out more... perhaps
> we could experiment with the positioning of it as well. e.g. put it in
> front of the search line?
Let's pretend for a moment that I'm finished complaining about the drop-down
and to propose the solution:

Category: <TheDropDownIHateSoMuchBecauseItNeedsMoreClicksThanTheListEtc(TM)>
| Items list                                                            |
Search: <LineInputForTheSearching>

> also a bit more on the view and delegate; it would be Really Nice(tm) if it
> would:
> - paint the categories in the view
> - show little icons for recommended, used, etc... a bit like the rating
> stars in the get hot new stuff dialog
And not to forget /Favoritizing/ the items - a clickable star... (a must do
under RN(tm)). It's nice just to request the features from the next 'poor
unfortunate soul' that is going to give some loving to the appletbrowser :)

Cheers! (and good night...)

p.s. The widget is designed to be as general-purpose as it can be, so it would
be nice if the followers (or to say future lovers) bare that in mind - not to
bind it to be plasma-only...

--
Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind.
    -- Mark Harrold