[Panel-devel] KCategorizedItemsView for Plasma Applet Browser in SVN

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 09:00:54 CEST 2007

> i think there is still room to grow here. in particular i'm still not
> convinced that the categories list down the left side is a good idea. it
Well, a bit of missunderstanding - I thought that you are only against the
filters to be in the list on the left not the categories as well. Well, just
a few examples that back up my point of view - Dolphin, Synaptic,
Adept-Installer.

It takes a bit more space (ok, a lot more space - approx 20%) but it has a
greater usability. As I've already mentioned, I didn't even notice the
drop-down in the current kicker's add applet dialog.

> decent compromise on space vs utility. it also gives us a nice up->down
> scan pattern.
Your idea is better as far as the space is concerned, but I still do not think
that this is an issue of relevance to the case, simply because the dialog is
not meant to be compact - just look at the height of the items in the main
list.

The implementation (if you want to stick to your POV) can easily be changed
since the categories are essentially a type of filter... Filter("category",
id)

> ctrl-q; man i hate mice ;)...
Ok, although the main.cpp was not meant to be used at all :)

> so it's a bit closer.. but yes, still needs
> someone to take it on and show it some more love =)
Yup...

--
Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind.
    -- Mark Harrold