[Panel-devel] [Announce] FileBrowser data engine for plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 12 15:18:36 CEST 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> As for the widgets browser, it could be something similar to what I've made
> for the Kamion (see: http://kamion2.sourceforge.net/screenshots/sshot2.png)
>
> Instead of the resources (the subitems of the apps in the screenshot), it
> could have a detailed description of the Plasmoid.

this is essentially what we have in kicker, yes =)

> Filters could be Favorites, KDE Team Recommendations, Used in the Past
> (History) and maybe something more.

that could be cool; add in the categories to the filters and we should be
great.

> This UI  could be a bit of overkill if there is a small amount of installed
> Plasmoids, but it is a nice (according to the people that have used it) way
> to filter large lists of anything.

i don't think we need the tabs on the side in this case, just a filter drop
down... but otherwise, i like the idea quite a bit

> As for categories, my proposal is: Games, Graphics, Media players,
> Monitors, Launchers

"Date and Time" would be another... perhaps we can find something more user
friendly than "Launchers" as well ("Files and Applications"?) ... "Graphics"
would be things like the picture frame?