[Panel-devel] Plasma: Proposing some changes (for Aaron mostly)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jul 9 11:33:25 CEST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Maybe I do not see the whole picture, and I'm missing something that
> already exists but here it goes:
>
> 1. Add a function for resetting all data for Plasma::DataSource

DataEngine::clearData(const QString& source) and DataSource::clearData() just
committed

> 2. Possible background issues
> If the designer of the "standard background" wants to add some fancy border
> to it, the thickness of that border would be different for differently
> sized applets. Even more, if an applet is 400px wide and 200px high, the
> side borders would be twice as thick as the top and bottom borders which
> would look ugly.

yes, we need to use cosmetic pens for the border..... i'm not sure how great
the support for those are in svg?

> 3. Applets to register for certain mimetypes
> I didn't find this in the docs so I suppose that it doesn't exist. :) I

yes, i spoke with someone (you?) about this at akademy... all we need to do is
to add the MimeType= line to the desktop files and then do a query where the
constraint includes a "foo in MimeType" or whatever on drop events (or
whenever else we care =).

patches welcome for #3 =))