[Panel-devel] Plasma Meeting Log

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Feb 23 11:52:19 CET 2007

On Thursday 22 of February 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On February 22, 2007, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 of February 2007, Alexander Wiedenbruch wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > attached is the log from the meeting.
> > >
> > > A summary can be found at
> > > http://developernew.kde.org/Projects/plasma/Tasks
> > >
> > : Merge the functionalities of ~/.kde/Autostart with
> > : ~/.kde/share/autostart
> >
> >  These two are different, both in purpose and in implementation. How do
> > you want to merge them?
>
> the differences that i am aware of, having read the code to figure this
> out, are:
>
> o share/autostart is $KDEDIRS merged
> o Autostart/ can have any file, not just .desktop files in it

 + share/autostart has special .desktop files (X-KDE-Autostart-* stuff)

 And purpose, the way I see it now, is that Autostart is for users to manually
put something there to have it launched while share/autostart is internal for
applications. But if there's going to be a kcm for it that (I presume) will
from user's POV make autostart work like Autostart then this will be no
longer true.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz