[Panel-devel] Blurry Panel Icons

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 07:48:06 CET 2007

To give everybody an update on discussions from IRC...

On Sunday 30 December 2007 12:11:20 JST, Craig Duquette wrote:
> Are you sure you're not getting the line? You won't notice if you're
> using a black or darker background, the only reason I noticed is
> because the wallpaper I'm using it lighter on the bottom.

My monitor was hiding the bottom line. Hitting the auto-set button revealed
it. Also, the white line is not the background showing through; it's coming
from somewhere else altogether.

> I'm going to svn up and I'll apply the patch and let you know if I
> still get the line.

And we both are now. ;)

> I posted on the mailing list and made a bug report because I'm afraid
> this might break something or mess something up that I'm not aware of.

The "why" behind the changing of +1 to +2 is what's important.

The attached patch corrects all the calculations, but the white line still
appears. Further investigation has revealed the the white line doesn't appear
if the resulting panel height is an even number. The border svg height is 23,
so setting height to 47, 63, 21 or any other odd number works fine, but
heights of 48, 64 and such result in a single white line. Very odd. :/

--
Jason Stubbs