[Panel-devel] data engine config

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 27 14:56:04 CET 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007, Chani wrote:
> I was hoping to get the twitter dataengine all fixed up today, but I'm out
> of time. anyways, I figured the sensible place to store configuration for
> sources would be in the DataContainer, so I added a bit of stuff there.
> I'll see just how useful it is when I get twitter to start using it - but
> for now I wanted to know if it looks ok. I bet other data engines could
> make use of this.

three comments (i'm still on vacation for one more day, so it's all brief
stuff today =):

- this is going to encourage people to do the Wrong Thing(tm) in many cases by
putting stuff that belongs in applets in engines. we'll have to provide some
guiance in the apidox i think

- the implementation is ok as it stands, however it will eventually need to be
improved to support multiple visualizations. what happens when applet A sets
the data to one thing and applet B sets it to something else? that issue is
why i haven't implemented this myself.

- what are you using this for, exactly? =)