[Panel-devel] Timezones on the digital clock

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Dec 26 19:42:24 CET 2007

On Wednesday 26 December 2007 16:21:24 Jason Stubbs wrote:
> I was tempted to commit the attached patch, but figured it'd be better to
> ask the reasoning and perhaps it should go straight into the data engine
> anyway. ;)
>
> Basically, it just removes the "Australia/" part of "Australia/Melbourne"
> or "Asia/" in "Asia/Tokyo". Showing the continent of a city that the user
> has selected seems like unnecessary information. I wouldn't find it so
> strange if it were showing the country, but it's not really useful
> either...

My implicit understanding is that the name of the timezone is always
continent/city, but that's just my cultural frame. So I'm slightly leaning
towards letting the continent in, but if others agree to remove it, that's
fine. It would also give a bit more room for the time and date, which is
good.
--
sebas