[Panel-devel] should the toolbox go away?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Dec 21 22:26:06 CET 2007

On Friday 21 December 2007, Vlad Blanton wrote:
> Currently, IMHO the toolbox has a very developery feel to it,

"developery" ..  ??

we need to practice our "writing in details versus generalities" on this list
today :)

> and it's functions are few.

why is that an issue? the functions are important and useful. that said, i'd
like to see more of the context menu items appear there.

> Is it planned to keep the toolbox for 4.0 or will it go away?

yes, it's intended to be permanent.

> If it is staying, what needs to be done?

it could be made a lot prettier. e.g. instead of using regular push buttons a
nicer presentation of the items could be made that includes an icon next to
some text, a full "sheet" expanding out rather than floating items, etc.