[Panel-devel] Order of called methods when resizing

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 17 18:35:55 CET 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> So to put it simple: If constraintsUpdated() does not get called as the
> first function of an applet after a resize happened, do I have to handle it
> or would that be a bug because constraintsUpdated() must always be the
> first function to call if the applet should react to some changes?

there is no guaranteed order to constraintsUpdated being called right now. i
suppose the issue for you is that your contentSizeHint isn't recalculated to
the new size and is therefore resetting the size()? hm. interesting problem
indeed. the easy solution is to put a flushUpdatedConstriants() call in
Applet::setGeometry, but that would somewhat defeat the constraints updates
compression.