[Panel-devel] Order of called methods when resizing

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Mon Dec 17 18:26:23 CET 2007

Hi!

Since today the plasmoidviewer tries to mediate its size-changes to the
plasmoid displayed, very helpful indeed for testing size-issues. This works
for most but it does not for my localy changed fuzzy-clock.

The problem for me is that while dragging the window, i.e. changing its size
Clock::contenSizeHint() gets called and returns the old value, because I
thought that the first function called after a resize is
Clock::constraintsUpdated() and hence I only get the new size I have to deal
with in that function from contentSize().

You can check this by putting some kDebug() into your xy::contentSizeHint()
and yx::constraintsUpdated(). While resizing plasmoidviewer's window the
debug from contenSizeHint always comes first.

Since resizing the fuzzy-clock with the handles does work for my local changes
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

So to put it simple: If constraintsUpdated() does not get called as the first
function of an applet after a resize happened, do I have to handle it or
would that be a bug because constraintsUpdated() must always be the first
function to call if the applet should react to some changes?

Sven