[Panel-devel] Kickoff should require click to change tabs

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 07:22:36 CET 2007

> 2) it feels slower. well, it's not. it's actually faster, at least according
> to the timings i've done.

I cannot comment on whether it is actually faster or not, but I would
argue that actual user performance in this case is not important.
Perceived performance matters more.

In my case I felt more comfortable with switch-on-click, which is how
Kickoff/KDE 4 originally worked.  This eliminates the annoyance
associated with mis-hits at the expense of requiring more clicks.
Since a click is not an "expensive operation" for me, this is not a
problem.  However, given that the stated goal was to copy Kickoff/KDE
3 as closely as possible, switch-on-hover is the "correct" default
behaviour.

Regards,
Robert.