[Panel-devel] KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/tasks

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 02:16:20 CET 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007 04:33:56 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 15 December 2007, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > SVN commit 748739 by jstubbs:
> >
> > Now that the super-long animation issue has been fixed, up the animation
> > time on tasks so that it's actually noticable. ;)
>
> animations don't need to be noticeable to be useful. 1000ms is far too long
> for an animation. it should be a quarter second at the most perhaps, but
> the point of animation is not to dazzle the user and make them watch the
> screen, but to provide non-jarring transitions between states.

I had kDebug() going on repaints and there was only 2 or 3 frames shown and
visibly it was very jerky. On older Windows, the minimum interval for a timer
interval is 50ms so QTimeLine is probably using that interval for its
signals. So a quarter of a second = 250ms = 5 frames should be about right.

--
Jason Stubbs