[Panel-devel] panel settings

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 11:47:42 CET 2007

On Thursday 13 Dec 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 13 December 2007, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > and what is going to be configurable?
> > - Screen
> > - Position
> > - Size

These three can be done with click-and-drag (well, I assume the screen
option can - I've never used more than one screen), providing there's a
guaranteed anchor point for the mouse on the panel.

> > - Hiding

Possible options are:
*context menu (needs anchor point, can also provide Move to Screen
option),
* special button (as in kicker, will get complaints if not configurable)
* magic mouse press, such as double-clicking empty panel (not easily
discoverable, but easy to accidentally trigger)

Any others?

> yes to all of these. the question is how to offer access to them. i'd
> like to avoid a dialog, as it gets really messy really fast.
>
> > - Align (top/left|centered|right/bottom)
> > - Length %

I'm not sure how you'd avoid a dialog of some sort for these.  One
possibility is having something extend up from the panel (a la device
notifier or the calendar on the clock), but then there is the question
of how to trigger it.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org