[Panel-devel] Plasma::Icon highlighting issues

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 13 17:57:21 CET 2007

On Thursday 13 December 2007, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> Hmm.. I guess that's a valid use case. I've half-thrown in a
> immediateEvents() property that makes click() be emitted on the press event
> rather than a release event and seems to work fine while not breaking any
> of the other fixes.

that was the point of the pressed() signal: something those that care can
listen to find out when the button is pressed vs clicked.

i'm also not completely happy about this:

// Also remove the MouseHovering flag even though the mouse may still be in
// the icon's area as the hoverLeaveEvent is sometimes not received. After a
// click, it looks more natural to have an unhovered icon when the mouse is
// over it than to have a hovered icon when the mouse isn't over it.

since that certainly does ensure it isn't hovered, but it also makes it look
rather broken after being clicked, particularly with button svg's that have
hover backgrounds. =/

this is a problem we have elsewhere as well, e.g. the applet handles. hacking
around it randomly in various classes seems pretty lame. we need this
addressed elsewhere, e.g. QGraphicsScene.