[Panel-devel] Applet Manager Dialog

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 07:34:05 CET 2007

I've got the code updating reliably now. it's still ugly and can't remove
applets.

> > -how do I make the ui addition not horrifically ugly?
>
> you mean visually? providing a link to a screenshot is probably the
> easiest/best way to go.

http://chani.ccdevnet.org/sshots/appletbrowser3.png

I'm kinda thinking that there isn't really space to just toss a 'remove' link
in there without reorganising or resizing stuff a bit...

> the Containment::appletAdded signal. applets themselves emit a signal on
> destruction (being QObjects)

this destruction signal is annoying me; I need to find the applet's name, and
by this point I can't do anything with the pointer I'm handed from the
destroyed() signal.

seems there are three options:
1) search my hash for a value matching the pointer (slooow)
2) keep an extra hash where the pointers are the keys instead of the values
(seems like a waste of space)
3) change the Applet code so that it emits a signal with its name() when it's
about to be destroyed

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com