[Panel-devel] patch: pressing arrows on the krunner

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Fri Dec 7 19:03:31 CET 2007

Hi,

I am attaching here a patch to krunner. When you apply it, when you are in the
KLineEdit and press "down/up/page*", the events will be sent to the
QListWidget.

What it happen is:
 * assume user run previously "konsole" and "konqueror"
 * user open krunner
 * user types "kon"
 * a popup will come and ask him to complete this to "konqueror" or "konsole".
as before. navigation is unaffected.
 * user chooses something with arrows and presses enter

so far, nothing new
 * now, when the user presses down, the list view will select the next item,
even tough the focus is still on the line edit.
 * when the user presses enter, he will be able to run another task besides
the default one, without leaving the line edit.

About the patch:
I added an event filter to the lineEdit and m_searchTerm. I think adding it
only to the lineEdit is enought.
I had to restart plasma, otherwise it has no affect.

Comments? Ok to commit?