[Panel-devel] Applet Manager Dialog

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:13:28 CET 2007

On October 19, 2007 12:49:11 you wrote:
> > - i wonder if this should be a separate dialog or if it should actually
> > go into the applet dialog itself? so that the user can see feedback there
> > on applets that are running; it could then be another category to filter
> > on as well.
>
> I was wondering the same thing myself. if it could be brought into the
> applet dialog in a nice, usable way I think that would be best... anyone
> got thoughts on how the UI should behave?

I've begun work on doing this. attached is a patch of what I've got so far:
-filter on which applets are running
-show how many of an applet are running
not finished yet:
-make 'remove' actually remove every instance of that applet when clicked

I've got a few questions about how to continue with this code.
-how do I make the ui addition not horrifically ugly?
-what's the best way of making the 'remove' text clickable?
-what's the best way to keep updated on which applets are running? currently
I've just tossed a call to the general update function in a few places; this
sucks, but gets updates often enough for me to test other code. it would be
nice if there were some signals I could hook into on applet
creation/deletion. I'd prefer not to resort to using a timer. I haven't
actually looked into this deeply yet.

any comments on features that could be added are welcome too :)

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com