[Panel-devel] Pidgin crashing in kde4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Dec 5 03:41:26 CET 2007

On 04.12.07 18:13:47, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 December 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > after reading Aaron's latest post
> > (http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2007/12/argb-visuals.html)
> > I'm wondering wether the fact that pidgin crashes here as soon as it
> > tries to put its icon into the systray has that argb-visual usage as
> > reason?
>
> yes, that is why.

Thanks, that saves me wasted time trying to figure out why it crashes.

> > If so, is there any way to fix/workaround that,
>
> i thought i covered that in the blog entry? =)

Right, but...

> we either disable argb visuals in plasma or else the gtk people fix their
> code.

The latter is not going to happen that fast. Is disabling those argb
visuals a real option (at least for 4.0)? I mean "real" as in, it
doesn't make the systray look or behave badly.

> > its not really nice to
> > not being able to use ICQ while being logged into KDE4 (as kopete
> > doesn't work for me, but thats a different story for a different list).
>
> use kopete from kde3, no?

Not sure I have that installed ;) But yes, I guess thats the fastest way
to get ICQ again in the kde4 session.

Andreas

--
You could live a better life, if you had a better mind and a better body.