[Panel-devel] Kickoff menu items

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Sat Dec 1 14:46:17 CET 2007

I played a bit more with Kickoff items yesterday night. New version:
- Keeps subtitles where they are but show them in a light color when not
selected.
- Apply gradient effect to the icon as well (a bit too flashy IMO).
- Try to really use as much width as possible: it's not rounded anymore
(still hackish).

Meanwhile, I had a look at the KDE3 version of Kickoff, and realized my work
was making it look more and more like the KDE3 version. I consider this a
good thing but I guess others don't, otherwise the rendering wouldn't have
been changed so much.

Anyway, here is the (still hackish) patch, as well as two shots.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6554/folderfj0.png

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5225/itemdk0.png

Aurélien