[Panel-devel] Crashing plasma

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Aug 9 08:54:01 CEST 2007

Hi!

On Mittwoch, 8. August 2007, Vlad Blanton wrote:
> b. Perhaps it can sit behind plasma somehow so that when/if plasma dies,
> it automatically becomes accessible.

I did not dare to ask if this was possible. If Plasma crashes I see kdm's
wallpaper, so I thought it would not be possible to put a button
there: "Start Plasma" or better "Start your desktop".

> BUT, if plasma isn't running, then there will be absolutely no way to
> start system settings, so that probably isn't an option.

This is exactly why I think it is needed. If I understood correctly Plasma
will include the desktop and the menu and without these a computer is useless
to users who do not know any shortcuts (except CTRL+C/+V ;), of which there
are a lot.

Sven