[Panel-devel] Crashing plasma

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Tue Aug 7 18:51:23 CEST 2007

Hi!

On Dienstag, 7. August 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> backtrace? patch?

As I said I use the opensuse packages, so there is not useful backtrace. Lack
of user ability prevents any patches.

> it should restart as long as crashes are more than 2(? iirc) minutes apart.
> if it doesn't, then it's a bug. the reason for this is to prevent repeating
> crashes from locking up the system in a constant loop. the time between
> installing the crash handler that does the restart can probably be lowered
> to 30s or so, however.

Sounds sensible, however I think that people try at least twice if something
crashes.

Is there a way to provide a "start plasma" button if plasma is not running?
For those users that do not know about ALT+F2 or that they would have to
start "plasma".

> i also need to implement a similar system i did for kicker where
> known-to-crash applets are put on a blacklist...

For a session or forever?

Sven