[Panel-devel] Signalplotter for Plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 2 09:49:01 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007, Percy Leonhardt wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 July 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > yes, please do so ... you can either check them into
> > trunk/playground/base/plasma/widgets (the latter directory doesn't exist
> > atm) or send to this mailing list...
>
> I attached them as I am not sure what to do with them in the mentioned
> folder i.e. how the widgets in there should get compiled. Should they

ApiReview review("SignalPlotter");
ApiReview::iterator it = review.beign();

it => they are licensed under the GPL. they must be LGPL for us to use them in
libplasma. is this change possible?

++it =>  it needs a dptr. all the private member vars need to be moved into it
the dptr

++it => there's no need for the static hash of renderers. Plasma::Svg shares
QSvgRenderer internally between different objects already, so you get that
for free

++it => apidox! hooray! we do need to add @param and @return entries however.

++it => "beam" appears quite a bit in the api. it's not immediately apparent
what that means, really. what about "plot"?

++it => setScaleDownBy(double value) => scale(qreal delta)? then scaleDownBy
could become qreal scaledBy()?

++it => changeRange => setVerticalRange. can we also then get rid of the
setMinValue and setMaxValue methods, and just have people use setRange?
minValue / maxValue => verticalMax and verticalMin?

that's about it for now =) very excited to see this moving closer to getting
into libplasma... mentioned it to the people in the office here just now
(e.g. zack, lars) and people were happy =)