[Panel-devel] Svg::elementRect and theme configs

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 00:46:11 CEST 2007

Hey plasma guys,

Two things. First of all, I've been working with Plasma::Svg, and especially
Svg::elementRect, and after some investigation I figured out why the element
rect returned by the function was actually *outside* the applet itself. It
turns out boundsForElement( QString ) returns the element rect, but "The
transformation matrix of parent elements is not affecting the bounds of the
element." (from
API). So basically in order to get the correct element rect, i had to
add the two lines included in the patch.

Also, regarding the current Theme->setApplicationName(), currently if you
set the application to, say, "amarok", plasma will look for the
[Theme-amarok] group in plasmarc. Now, as Amarok doesn't depend on kdebase,
there might not be a plasmarc at all. So it makes little sense for us to
edit/create plasmarc if none exists. I think it would be a better idea to
look into the application-default config, so amarokrc would hold the
relevant theme data. What do you guys think?

leo

Leo Franchi                    angel666 at myrealbox.com
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125