[Panel-devel] Xgl, AiGLX, EXA, Compiz, Luminocity, QT4...

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Mon Mar 20 23:26:17 CET 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 23:01, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 20 March 2006 13:38, Yves Glodt wrote:
> > But in the same time I believe the only reason (apart being let by
> > primates) for many distros to switch to gnome as the default
> > desktop is that it feels more solid and as you say ROCK-bloc.
>
> huzzah! another bullshit theory about why some distros pick gnome as
> their default. just when i thought i'd heard them all.

I'd be interested in your theory.. I just told my impression, from a
users point-of-view... :-)

Flicker is deadly, unfortunately, but face it, it might be the only
thing that managers and users notice in the first moment, in
comparision to their known environment!

And as we all know, the first moments are important... (Of course, to
repeat myself, as we know, loud primates can help top blur that view.)

The world knows that KDE is technically supérieur. (If the world could
only see it at first sight...)

(again, no flamewar intented!)

Best regards,
Yves

--
Linux 2.6.15 #2 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 3 21:35:02 CET 2006 i686
 23:08:47 up  2:31,  1 user,  load average: 0.17, 0.08, 0.11