[Panel-devel] Setting the icon for a menuext

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jul 31 22:30:11 CEST 2006

On Monday 31 July 2006 13:08, Vinay Khaitan wrote:
> I think, there is a hackish way.
> A menuext knows about its  parent. And also that, Qt Object framework
> provided a way to search for required child by its name.
> So, find out the the name of the child icon widget. I suppose it
> should be something related to .desktop file. The after getting the
> pointer, you can easily change the icon.

well, to accomplish this you'd need to link against libkicker and include
PanelButton's header (which isn't public). this may only work against >=3.4
or even 3.5 since PanelButton used to be internal to kicker. there is also no
binary compat guarantees for that library.

so yes, you could attempt to do it this way but it's very hackish and not at
all guaranteed to work reliably.

Undulate Your Wantonness