[Panel-devel] Fixing bug: Kicker on Xinerama with different-sized screens

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jan 21 04:04:01 CET 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 10:15, Neil Hooey wrote:
> I talked to Seli in #kde-devel on freenode, and he suggested I talk to
> Aaron J. Seigo before I start making changes. Seli suggested making one
> panel per screen, and moving them to the appropriate location so they're
> visible. What do you think?

yes. this really is a problem with kicker. in kde4 we will no longer be
supporting multi-screen panels for this very reason. for kde3 i simply
consider such configurations broken; they should be configured differently.

IIRC windows by default only shows a taskbar on the first screen by default in
such configurations, and i think this is fairly sane given the fact that we
can't know what the real configuration is.

it's gets even more comical when the screens are layed out horizontally ;)