[Panel-devel] Fixing bug: Kicker on Xinerama with different-sized screens

Neil Hooey neilh at xandros.com
Thu Jan 19 18:15:43 CET 2006

I'm trying to fix this bug:

When you have multiple Xinerama screens of different resolution heights,
there is an area of one screen that is not displayed on the other
screen, since the other screen is not tall enough. Depending on the
orientation, this is either the top or the bottom.

When you set kicker to spread across these multiple screens, part of the
bar is in the dead space and is not displayed.

I talked to Seli in #kde-devel on freenode, and he suggested I talk to
Aaron J. Seigo before I start making changes. Seli suggested making one
panel per screen, and moving them to the appropriate location so they're
visible. What do you think?

- Neil

--
Neil Hooey

Core OS Developer            neilh at xandros.com
Xandros                      613-842-3494 x336