[Panel-devel] Why do users open up a start-menu?

Vincent Weber weber.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:21:38 CET 2006

>Maybe you mean redesigning Qt? I hope you don't mean this  =).If you want
to make a GUI that's not 20 years old, why still hook onto KDE that's newer
and greater, but still holds on to 20 year old design of the interface.
Things like:
-A 3D background like in a screensaver but not so awfully ugly and
disturbing, lets say a 3D benchmark alike (fully supported by the VGA
ofcource, you don't wanna support this with the CPU right?) mountain with
clouds comming over it making the shadow on the mountain itself change. Also
load KDE, as far as the VGA can deal with, in the background. Use flat 3D
screens with a window, lets say gimp, as texture. You now are not longer
bounded by only the X- and the Y-axis.  This way you can store Much more
Windows on one screen. Productive design. And ofcource for the fun of it.
It's super-ultra-extreme-much work, BUT... you'd be the first. First we had
some of these cards, than we had the command line, after that we had the 2D
GUI, now we have the 3D GUI. SOmething like: "Riccardo and hmhm, and hmhm
came with the insane idea to make the boring 2D GUI 3D.  This was anothet
step in computer history." *beeeep!* "Lesson 5 and 6 will be homework for
tommorow!"

Vincent Weber,
weber.vincent at gmail.com