[Panel-devel] /kdebase/workspace/kicker/kicker/ui compilation errors

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 00:09:04 CEST 2006

On 8/23/06, headrift <headrift at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been working at making
> /kdebase/workspace/kicker/kicker/ui compile, since monday's
> update wasn't doing that.
>
> I'm wondering is if anyone else had this problem, or was working on fixing
> it.  I don't claim that what I've done with it is functional, and was hoping
> that someone with more know-how was working on it - I'm a n00b by any
> measure, and don't know my way around KDE/Qt objects that well yet.
>
> I'd be happy to keep working on it - I can resolve compiler errors okay -
> but I have no illusions about it working properly at the end of the day.

IMHO I think more of you prospective Plasma developers should be
playing around with getting this stuff to work. Not only will it give
you something to do while waiting for design docs (hehe), but the few
of us who know whats going on inside kicker pretty much know what
there is to know about it, and it would help you all understand where
we are coming from in moving to Plasma from kicker (by the way this
means you can/should play around with KDesktop too). I'm inclined to
let you run free as long as its not destroying everyone's user
experience (those who are actually crazy enough to run KDE4 sessions),
and I am surely available on a semi-regular basis to answer your
questions in #plasma (I'm sure Aaron and others (Pedro/wotan?
Ryan/p0z3r?) would be more than willing to help to - but I can't speak
for them).  - Bottom line, noone can help you if you don't ask a
specific question :) so roll on down to #plasma on irc and get in
touch!

Matt