[Panel-devel] Introducing me

Eric Jardim ericjardim at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 23:07:59 CEST 2005

2005/9/17, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> indeed. the guarantees should be that the plasma API is fully bound, and
> that
> the KDE API is also available. the full KDE bindings should only be
> brought
> in when necessary though, which is to say the plasma API should NOT be
> reliant on the KDE/Qt bindings. that way leads to madness =)

Ok, so it should be separate. But indeed we can do some "tricks" to
interoperate even if you redefine all base classes (especialy QObject and
QWigget) in the Plasma, and don't tell Qt4 bindings before.

That's just a fact that, unless you use something like a "sandbox" behaviour
to the interpreter, any Python script can access any extension module, and
this include Qt4/KDE4 bindings if avaliable.

[Eric Jardim]