[Panel-devel] About Translation of Applets

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Tue Sep 13 09:36:08 CEST 2005

Hello all,

Since Plasma applets will almost not be C++ compiled programs anymore but
JavaScript or something else, I'm wondering how will they be translated?

That will be very cool to download and install new applets from
KGetHotNewStuff with only one click (and without compiling them!) but if they
are not translated to local language this feature could be a "flop in the
water", I'm afraid.

But I'm sure you already tought to that... :-)
I'm just curious (and haven't took the time yet to know if it's already
possible in KGetNewStuff or using gettext for JavaScripts...).
As far as I can see, kstuff.org does not provide translated
templates/documents, that's dommage.

Best regards,
Sébastien Laoût.