[Panel-devel] Fwd: KMenu: Users and Usage

Barış Metin baris at uludag.org.tr
Sun Oct 23 11:23:16 CEST 2005

Friday 21 October 2005 18:50 tarihinde, Riccardo Iaconelli şunları yazmıştı:
> Alle 16:28, venerdì 21 ottobre 2005, Barış Metin ha scritto:
> > Ah, yes. I've seen some of them. On videos users open the "Programs" menu
> > in Gnome for searching/browsing a specific program.
> >
> > But default Gnome installation has three menus, conceptually separated;
> > Applications, Places, System which is diffrent than K Menu :).
>
> Yes, but there is also KDE.

Thanks, I haven't seen the KDE ones :).

> e.g. there is an user (7/10 experience level) who have tried to change the
> login sound, and he opened YaST2 to do this, and not the KControlCenter. We
> have certainly to review something...

But I think it's a problem with the distribution. Providing two applications
for one task (configuration) clearly makes anyone confused.

I agree that kcontrol is not, well, usable. That's why we have revisited
kcontrol (http://www.uludag.org.tr/projeler/masaustu/tasma/index.html) and
than wrote our configuration interfaces as KCModules in our distribution.
But, IMHO, the problem you depict is not the a cause of KControlCenter's
un-usable interface.

regards,
--
Barış Metin