[Panel-devel] KMenu: Users and Usage

Riccardo Iaconelli info at ruphy.com
Sat Nov 12 17:10:10 CET 2005

Matthias Welwarsky Scrive:

> Proposal: We know that a menu does not work for a large number of entries, so
> we should try to avoid menu entries instead of trying to find the perfect way
> to organize them.
I think that we have to improve a tool like KAppFinder. For example the SuSE
KMenu is very simple because of its organisation by categories. Else the
vanilla Kmenu uses only "Other Applications". To improve it, I think that we
have to use ALL the categories provided by KMenu and also create a strument
that allows developers adding entries and sub-menus to the KMenu using a
simple tree dir-files with link, or a XML file, or something else.

Regards,
 -Riccardo