[Panel-devel] Superkaramba Icon

Petri Damsten petri.damsten at iki.fi
Mon Jun 27 08:03:35 CEST 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 01:41, A. Wiedenbruch wrote:
> We had a little discussion on IRC about how the user can show/hide the
> icon. Hiding the icon is not a problem, one can do that with with a click
> on the icon.
> I think when a user wants to enable it again, s/he will click on the theme
> and search for a menu entry first. But as Ryan said, it is not a clean
> design, because a theme shouldn't have control over the icon.
> His idea was to show the icon again when a user starts superkaramba a
> second time.
> Not sure about that at all, I implemented both, in hope that an expert will
> tell the right way.

This has been discussed before and I still can't see why kde's ability to hide
systray icons is not enough. If this is for earlier versions of kde it should
be only enabled there.

Theme menu is only for theme specific stuff. 'Toggle system tray icon' and
'Quit superkaramba' should not be there.

Petri