[Panel-devel] last call for 3.5

Fred Schaettgen kde.sch at ttgen.net
Wed Jun 22 23:00:23 CEST 2005

On Wednesday, 22. June 2005 18:33, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 02:42, Fred Schaettgen wrote:
> > Should be done now. I've updated the patches (and the screenshot).
> > Ok to commit?
>
> sure. i'll have to clean up the whole "recent apps logic isn't in the
> recent apps class" mess after that, then. if it wasn't for the fact that
> there's an interesting amount of work done on the quick launcher in your
> patch i'd be very tempted to say "not until it's done properly".

It? "it - the quick launcher" or "it - the kmenu"?
I guess you understand that the quick launcher was a bit higher on my list
than cleaning up the kmenu, which I just touched to have it emit a dcop
signal. Otherwise you'd have two halfway finished patches by now, which is
too late already - thanks for your patience btw.
I don't want to be picky about what I'll do and what not. But after playing
with the search line I can hardly imagine that we will go with the existing
K-Menu for KDE4 anyway, so chances have never been bigger that cleaning up
that part of the K-Menu code is just a total waste of time. If you want the
future kmenu to  have a nicer look, several columns, resizeable, searchable
and whatever and still base it on a QPopupMenu, then *that's* going to be
ugly. But if it's so important for you that you'd do it yourself at this
point, then I can do it as well - you'll get the patch, promised.
Regarding the "interesting amount of work" - substract the lines which are
just reformatted, then the patchsize/feature-ratio will look more
plausible ;)

peace
Fred

--