[Panel-devel] KDE4

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:48:16 CEST 2005

On a less controversial note :)... I have also been kicking (no pun
intended) around with an idea for a new extension (and yes Aaron this
is the idea I was talking about in #plasma). The idea is to provide a
tab bar. Yes plain and simple tabs for kicker/plasma, somewhat more
complex because as opposed to just a simple tab widget, this will
display only the QTabBar at first, and upon selection of a tab it will
popup just that tab. The added feature of it is that the tabs will be
able to be dragged off the tab bar into a torn off tab (think tear off
menu's in a popup widget). First of all I think the widget itself will
find a home many places in KDE simply because it's sexier to have a
tab bar that does good looking popup tabs (a replacement for
KMultiTabBar for instance), but it also might tie in to the idea of
the basket that's been in discussion on this list. What do you all
think?

--
Matt Broadstone
E-mail: mbroadst at gmail.com