[Panel-devel] Superkaramba applets configuration

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 17:04:41 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 01:24, Marc Cramdal wrote:
> through menus many times. So why not provide some kind of generic (and
> eyecandy ;-)) config dialog for Superkaramba applets which would have
> all the config options in the same dialog ?

we could encourage the use of Qt Designer, whose files can be loaded at
runtime (see the KJSEmbed demo apps for examples of this). if we also make
KConfigXT easy enough to access then it becomes even simpler by leveraging
KConfigSkeleton

the trick here will be making KConfigXT files usable directly from XML at
runtime the same way QWidgetFactory does for Designer files so that they
don't have to be preprocessed for usage. this should be doable by creating a
factory class for KConfigSkeleton::Item* classes. for accessing the settings
we could put a requirement on bindings to generate the required methods at
runtime, which is possible at least with KJSEmbed and Ruby. i'm sure Python
can do similarly?